1.16.2007

Моята презентация на англ. за "My Hero"

"`Cause you were my hero
my friday night
you wrote the soundtrack
to my life
and give me something
to hold on to
When I was growing up
you were the rock
in my life."




JOEY TEMPEST – He is my HERO

Joey Tempest is born 19.08.1963 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Real name Joakim Rolf Magnus Larsson.
He played football, ice hockey and competed in go-cart. Joey once came in fourth place in the Junior Cart Race, a Swedish championship.
Learned how to play guitar at the age of seven when taught three chords by a friend of his father. At the age of ten he taught himself how to play piano by ear after hearing Elton John on the radio. And found his first love, writing songs.
Two of the first records that inspired him was Elvis "Forever" and David Bowie's "Space oddity". Got his first electric guitar and formed his first band at the age of 11 called Jet.
Went to his first concert, ELO at the age of 13. Met John Norum around the age of fifteen and soon formed the band Force and was influenced by albums like , Strangers in the night by UFO, Live and dangerous by Thin Lizzy, and Made in Japan by Deep Purple.
In 1982 they changed their name to Europe and win the big music competition Rock-SM.
The first prize: an album recording. First album called “EUROPE”.
Between 1983-1991 EUROPE recorded 5 albums. They had big success with their third album “The Final Countdown”.
In March 1992, Europe end their final tour in Portsmouth and don’t play together again.
After the years with Europe Joey takes some time off. But in 1995, his solo debut “A Place To Call Home” is released. The next album “Azalea Place” was released in 1997.
In the autumn of 2002 it’s time for Joey’s third solo album, “Joey Tempest”.
Memorable moments, Travelling to see Thin Lizzy at Hammersmith Odeon, London at the age of seventeen. No. 1 on Top of the Pops, UK. First U.S tour and the Millennium show in Stockholm, when EUROPE played again together after a 8 year break. After the show they decided to play again together. In 2004 EUROPE recorded their first album after reunion (Start from the dark). 27.10.2006 they realized their new album “Secret Society”. Now they are on a big swedish tour. & the life goes on.
I don’t know what to say about him… Without him my life would be the same. He changed me, especially his music. All I can say about him is that “He is my hero. He gives me something to hold on to. When I was growing up he was the rock in my life”…


Ха сега деца кажете колко получих?6,пълно 6!!!Знаех си аз,че Joey ще ми донесе късмет.:)
Ами то не е от съвсем скоро,но ме подсетиха (Кхъм,една моя сестра...) че мога да си го постна,не ми беше светвало досега.